General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help. I think I have a bad ground.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. I think I have a bad ground.

So I took my car to the track last week, and on my way back to the staging lanes after my first run, the check guages light came on. The only guage that was even remotely out of place was the volt meter, but it wasn't quite low enough for me to be concerned. It then charged back up and the check guages light went off before I made my second run, but as soon as I did my burnout the second time, the volt meter dropped and the light came back on again. After that I headed home and killed my battery and alternator, needing to be jump started twice between the track and my house. I took the alternator to Advance to be tested and they said it was dead, so I bought a new one and put it in, but it still didn't hold a charge and now when I try to start it I get this clicking sound. I think it must be a bad ground somewhere.
How do I go about locating a bad ground, if that's what it is? Any helpful input is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody? Looks like I'm going to end up going through every single wire until I figure out where the issue is.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CavPat
Anybody? Looks like I'm going to end up going through every single wire until I figure out where the issue is.
It could also be your battery. Have that load-tested at AutoZone.