General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Old 05-10-2016, 02:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

01 Camaro Driver Side Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Camaro Driver Side Power Window Problem

I need some ideas on this one: the drivers side power window stopped working. Currently is stuck down. I removed the inside door panel and looked around inside the door. I found a flat coiled spring on the door bottom probably not good. The track and rollers are engaged to the window and regulator as they should be. The motor works when I press the power windows switch so the motor is not the problem.

OK, here is the problem the regulator gear is not engaged to the motor gear. No, the gears are not stripped. Does this mean I need a new regulator assembly? If I push the regulator gear forward so it engages the motor gear the window will move when I press the power switch. So what part keeps the regulator gear & motor gear engaged? What about that flat coiled spring I found on the door bottom? Is it part of the regulator assembly?

How do I remove the regulator? Do I slip the regulator rollers out of the tracks and lift the regulator up through the door top?

Can any one point me to a drawing of the regulator and motor assembly?

Thanks,
Beertracker
Old 05-23-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The coil spring in the bottom of the door isn't good at all. That is part of the assembly (helps get the window up, otherwise the motor won't be able to get it all the way up). You may have to pull the whole mess out of the door to get it back together. Been there, done that. NOT FUN, let me be the first to tell you. It isn't too easy to do. It has been over 1.5 years since I did mine and I can't remember exactly how to do it unfortunately.

Quick Reply: 01 Camaro Driver Side Power Window Problem