General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cam sensor falure,ecu failure..some other questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cam sensor falure,ecu failure..some other questions.

Can cam sensors fail intermittently as well as totally?
Can ecu fail only on say the cam sensor circuit ,still output 12 volts to the sensor at all times but still not mabye read the signal from the cam sensor.Doesn't a fubar ecu throw codes to let you know its fubar?

I am having terrible time figuring out whats up with my cam sensor. Checked wiring to sensor and its good. But still sometimes sensor goes intermittent. Tried two different sensors with same result. Trying third tommorrow but starting to wonder what is up . Doubt the first two are duds. Thinking more ecu or something else. Bad cam reluctor cam is unknown cam.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update problem seems to be fixed. I put in a third cam sensor and it seems to be working properly. We also took apart the sensor connector and tried to tighten up the female parts.
and for you guys you can test the cam sensors with hptuners and you onlly need to crank the car to check if they are working. This is handy to know .You don't have to have the car running just crank it over and watch the hptuner scanner for cam sensor high to low and low to high.
I am not 100% sure if the connector was the problem or the first two sensors were duds.My money is on the connector not grabbing the pins tight enought.