General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Long Storage Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Storage Time

So I'm in the Military and got stationed in AK. I'm going to be here for 4 years I orginaly thought 3. Well anyway I could only ship one car up here and the wife won and she got hers shipped. I had no choice but leave my car back home. It was either that or sell it and that wasn't happening. I left it with my parents in a heated garage. They are taking care of it. Taking it up and down the driveway once in a while and keeping it clean etc. It doens't have any insurance on it except comprehensive in case of a tornado, fire etc. Well my big question is what can I do to make sure the gas doesn't go bad in it. I filled it up before I left and put stabilizer in it. The bottle said its only good for one year. Can I just have them put stabilizer in it evey year would that work. I seriously doubt they will run a full tank of gas out of it in the four years. I've only been in AK for a month and I all ready miss it. I'm half temped to pay the 1300 dollars just to get it up here but I really don't see the point. I will only drive it 3 months out of the year.