General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Issue!!!

Hey everyone, have a question I'm hoping you can help me with. On my 2000 T/A the drivers window will sometimes cease to go up or down. So I replaced the window motor, and it does the same thing. However, when it freezes, if you smack the door panel where the motor is located, it'll work again for a while. What am I missing here? Anyone have any ideas for me to check out? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Launching!

kind of sounds like it is getting in a jam. it maybe in the motor/regulator or the regulator itself. is it making any noises? have you took the door panel off and looked inside to check everything out to see whats going on in there? also some window motors are bad even if they are "brand new". easy way to check the motor is take it out a hook it up to a car battery. just take 2 wires hook em up to the battery and touch each of the prongs in the plug with seperately with each wire. make sure you have someone hold the motor or put it in a vise cuz they have a good amount of torque and just as soon as you touch it it will jump like a mexican jumping bean. LOL. good luck hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

when it freezes huh... sounds like you have a dry rot issue to me. seriously though, probably a loose wire or something