General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No clue where to start...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No clue where to start...

Well, this is pissing me off.

I took my car out of town the other day, first time since I bought it a year ago, btw, but ever since I got back it has been running like ****. I only drove like 180 miles, total, but it's acting weird.

I can just be sitting there, say for instance at a stoplight, and the idle will drop and it will sound like it dies, and then just as quickly, the idle will pick back up and it will run again.

Anytime I go WOT, after I let off and say I slow down for a stop sign or something, it will surge, and the idle will drop and you can hear and feel it surging.

Also I go to punch it today, I have felt that there was an obvious power decrease ever since this started, but I punch it and it does absolutely nothing, it slowly moves through the rpms, and I was doing 30mph, it felt like it didn't downshift. I did it again and the same thing, I decided screw it and tried it one more time and it downshifted, but there is a damn big decrease in power.

I am going to pull the maf off and clean it, is it possible that 1 spark plug being bad could cause this?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Swift_01_z-28; 07-12-2009 at 12:56 AM.