General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

headlights+remote...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights+remote...

whenever I lock/unlock my car the head lights pop up. Theres no problems with it I just want to know how to change it, I dont want to have premature wear on the motors. Also anyone know how to turn on the fog lights without having the headlights pop up?

I know this isnt really a maintenance thread, mods feel free to move it
Old 10-27-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

3) The headlights cycle open and closed when they shouldn't. For example, when arming or disarming the alarm or just turning on the fog lights or parking lights, the headlights will cycle or go up but not on. This is actually 100% related to the stripped gear. In every case where I have heard of people complaining about the lights cycling or coming up when they shouldn't, they also have the problem of the stripped gear as mentioned above. The good news for you is that once you fix the stripped gear problem either by the temporary free fix mentioned below or by getting one of my brass gears (now hard coated aluminum gears), this problem will magically disappear as well What happens I believe is the stripped gear kinda "freaks out" the headlight control module so to speak. The control module doesn't know if it is coming or going so the lights do strange things. Fix the gear and the lights will go back to working normally for you again.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
whenever I lock/unlock my car the head lights pop up. Theres no problems with it I just want to know how to change it, I dont want to have premature wear on the motors. Also anyone know how to turn on the fog lights without having the headlights pop up?

I know this isnt really a maintenance thread, mods feel free to move it
Look at my sig for my sticky......

You should be able to just turn on your fogs by turning on the parking lights. If your headlights pop up by just turning on your parking lights you have a stripped gear.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

o great, thats awesome... new buckets or motors in my future? at school right now so once I get home Ill read the sticky real well, thanks tho man
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Danny2Tek, I went through your sticky, awesome info man, helped a lot, however, I dont know if my gears are stripped or not... my passenger light is definitely louder than the driver side, but it doesnt make that ridiculous clicking like the white one in the video made... still a gear issue?