General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

94 camaro heater core help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 camaro heater core help

couple of days ago i was driving around noticing a wicked smell of coolant and terrible window fogging. i went home pulled up floor mat on passenger side and puddles of coolant, so i decided it was the heater core. I picked up a new one today. I just recently got this car and its my first F-body. Anyone got tips on doing a heater core in this car? Im guessing its under/behind glove box area judging where the dripping was coming from and where the lines meet at the firewall. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Default heater core

easy, drain some coolant, maybe a gallon, I syphin out of radiator, no mess and easy to get to. pull panel under glove box and then glove box. you'll see two scews on left side of heater core cover.first remove electrical connector on right side of cover then 2 scews on left side and pull cover out. unhook hoses in engine compartment and 1 scew that holds both tubes to heater housing, it's between the 2 tubes. go back inside and remove screw and bracket that holds heater core in on left side and remove core, becarefull not to damage plastic housing when taking out, don't reef on it, its kind of a puzzel but it will come out. reverse and your done. bleed air out of hose on top of motor by throttle body while you fill radiator and after you run with heater on hi in car.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
9 Second Club

thanks alot man, looks like ill be tackling that tomorrow afternoon.

Quick Reply: 94 camaro heater core help