General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ac delete panel $5 reward

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac delete panel $5 reward

I installed the panel and have been unable to get air to blow out the vents. It blows, but very little, and doesnt get hot(probably due to such little circulation). I had heat before I removed the ac. I have the blower motor still in the plastic housing, it seems there is a little gap at the inside firewall for the air to go to, then the heater core and the blend door. Did I remove to much of the box? not enough? I put silicone where the heater lines exit the firewall, and installed the panel from the inside... this is driving me crazy..
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Veteran

you need to make sure the delete panel is completely secure to the firewall and yes put silicone around it to make sure its air safe. No air can escape or you will get very poor circulation. Next is make sure the box is secure to the firewall and if its not the same will happen and you will need to put silicone around it for a better fitment or even add plastic to it to fit properly against the firewall.. Also check to make sure the blend door is opening all the way when you put it on high, so the motor should spin a lot indicating hi speed. But also the blend door should open all the way to allow air flow out the vent. Try that and respond back.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Launching!

everything with the panel is sealed now. Havnt put it back together yet, Im trying to figure out exactly where the air should go next, and it seems like I might have removed to much of the box, but I dont know. I have it bolted on the inside firewall. I put up some pics athttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3804025/1
Old 10-30-2009, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you hook the vacuum line back up?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Launching!

yeah to the little three way valve
Old 10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Launching!

from the blower motor, where is the air supposed to go to next? does the air go straight up? or does it go toward the drivers side. I also am now hearing the motor run very loudly from the outside of the car. I must still have a leak. I feel it comming out the windshield cowl...