General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pcm? help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pcm? help!!!!

Think my pcm took a dump
Hey guys i have slight problem my car 99 trans am m6 was running fine yesterday then i parked it in the garage and left it there untill i got home from work today. i started it up ran fine then when i got back into the car i noticed that the tach,water temp, and fuel gauge dropped out and the car kind of got a lil miss to it . i could not not connect my computer to it. so i then checked all the fuses, i checked for power and ground to the dlc connector. then i checked continuity from the data wire to the pcm and the wire was ok so im thiniking the pcm? it just happened all of a sudden car ran fine the night before or am i missing something? before i order a new pcm?

thanks,
Scott
ls1racer1999 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also it starts up fin when u rev it up and hold it it starts breaking up . ive checked the grounds i did have an altenator that the regulator was starting to go voltage would drop to 8 then back to 14.8 and the lights woud dim i checked the battery replaced it wioth a known good battery and tried again im getting a new altenator but im thinking the pcm may have went out i dont know what else to check

Last edited by ls1racer1999; 10-31-2009 at 01:09 PM.