General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

... slow acceleration... stalling out and backfire at high rpms..

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ... slow acceleration... stalling out and backfire at high rpms..

i have a 01 ss slp camaro well it has ... super poor acceleration and crappy torque.. it doenst even spin the tires .. i dunno what it could be.. it has a custom tune already installed.... i bought the car a week ago and when i test drove it, the car was runnin damn good.. but now its really crappy .. it has a comp cam but u can tell the idle isnt that great it dies at stop signs and when i put it in gear even after a 10 minute warm up .. any idea of what it might be?.. its not throwing any codes no check engine light or SES light .. any input will be great appreciated...
Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You may possible have a front O2 about to go out or is responding very slowly. But does it clear up sometimes and the car just launch forward out of no where like you just hit a 200 shot of nitrous?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

well mine does the same thing like power just comes out of nowhere
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1275
i have a 01 ss slp camaro well it has ... super poor acceleration and crappy torque.. it doenst even spin the tires .. i dunno what it could be.. it has a custom tune already installed.... i bought the car a week ago and when i test drove it, the car was runnin damn good.. but now its really crappy .. it has a comp cam but u can tell the idle isnt that great it dies at stop signs and when i put it in gear even after a 10 minute warm up .. any idea of what it might be?.. its not throwing any codes no check engine light or SES light .. any input will be great appreciated...

If its not that, I'd look into a dirty fuel filter or fuel injectors.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

the reason for not throwing any codes or an SES could be that "custom" tune it has. sounds to me like some sort of fuel problem, does it smell like its running rich(noticable gas smell)after you drive it for awhile?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would double check with a scanner the obd system is pretty good at pinpointing a problem like the one you are having. for all you know maybe there is no bulb for the ses light? or his tuner erased some codes permanently prior to the sale

Quick Reply: ... slow acceleration... stalling out and backfire at high rpms..