General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!!!! car wont start, no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! car wont start, no fuel

hello ls1tech....i have a 93 camaro with a full ls1 swap from a 2000 camaro , harness and all, while driving down the road my car just died lost power, so i check the valve thingy on the fuel rail and it has no pressure at all, the fuel pump wont turn on at all, so i check fuse\relay...i swap the relay for the ac relay and nothing, put the original pump relay in the ac slot and i hear the ac clutch flick on. so relay is good so i run down a fuel pump on a sunday and swap it in a gas station parking lot, still nothing....i jig rig the "broken" pump i just took out and it works fine..so now im stuck..the car shows no codes on the code reader and the relay gets 3.5 volts when the key is on, if i give that post on the realy a full 12 volts the pump kicks on car fires and runs fine..i haven't driven it like that but it does idle fine and rev fine...im stuck...could it be a crank pos sensor or cam pos sensor even though the car has no cel or codes? could it be the ecu itself?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Teching In

ttt any help?
Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

gotta check for a short on that circuit. so cleary its wiring going to the relay because you said the pump works and it turns on and starts the car when you jump it.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

im having the same prob. except i have no power at all to the fuel pump relay when i put a test light to it, under cranking and when igntion is on, no matter what condition... no power! im stumped