General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Soo have a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Soo have a problem...

When ive been driving the car lately theres a squeeling noise coming from the back driverside wheel well, I think that its just the brake rotor needing to be replaced but im not all that sure. If anyone could help me out thatd be great. Its a 99 Trans Am.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Launching!

sounds like your brake pads are wore out. cheapest non-recommended way to fix it is to just stick new pads in there. otherwise, you can get new pads and see if your rotors are resurfacable. if they are full of rust, or have rust pitting, they are garbage and you would need new rotors. best way to do it would be new pads rotors and caliper hardware. this is assuming your calipers are still good.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

No rust on any of my rotors, it squeeks not only when im coming to a stop but also just generally driving down the road, is that normal, it does it alot where as it used to only do it a little bit, new brake pads would be a whole lot cheaper then new rotors honestly. It went from doing it sometimes to doing it alot only when im stopping now it does it the whole time im driving.