General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Seafoam question??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam question??

I'm seafoaming tomorrow. But I have a concern, the last time I seafoamed my truck the fuel pump went out. It slowly died so I managed not to get stranded somewhere. Yes, I replaced my fuel filter. My question is, has any one had their fuel pump die after seafoaming?
One other thing, how much fuel should I have in my tank when I add the stuff?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by destroyer1362
I'm seafoaming tomorrow. But I have a concern, the last time I seafoamed my truck the fuel pump went out. It slowly died so I managed not to get stranded somewhere. Yes, I replaced my fuel filter. My question is, has any one had their fuel pump die after seafoaming?
One other thing, how much fuel should I have in my tank when I add the stuff?
I'm going on 8 years putting a FULL can of Seafoam into a 1/4 tank of gas....every 3-4 months. Thats like ~32 cans of Seafoam. My fuel pump is fine. Gas is a pretty harsh fluid, and fuel pumps are made to put up with gasoline for years and years. Seafoam cannot hurt a fuel pump...no way, no how.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Teching In

When I used seafoam in the gas tank of my 98 z28 it clogged the fuel filter. I didn't realize it clogged the filter till maybe 20 miles later. I changed the fuel filter and everthing was well, then my fuel pump started whining, I think it was going out. I sold my car for other reasons.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Teching In

I suspected the fuel filter was clogged because the gas pedal was really stiff. When I changed the fuel filter the gas pedal was fine.