General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water In the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water In the car

I have a new kind of problem. I drive a 2001 Z28 convertible, and I love it with all my heart. We have been having a lot of rain in my area (Fort Lee VA) and I've noticed an issue that I'm not sure is serious or not.

There is water IN my car, there are no leaks that I can see in the roof or the window, but there is water sloshing around underneath the rear seats. There are puddles forming on the floor of the rear of the car, and there is water leaking out of the car right in front of the rear tires. I don't know where this water is coming from but I recognize it's potential to be damaging.

There is a hollow area right in front of the rear tire where water is already leaking out, would it be wise to poke a hole just to drain the water out for now? Has anybody ever heard of this issue? this is very time-sensitive obviously since we are supposed to get more and more rain as the week progresses.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I been having the same thing for a few days now. As far as I know its the way the drain tubes(?) were designed in these cars. The water is suppose to end up there, there is also a drain plug there; hence the reason why the water is leaving the car.

Its definitely not an obvious regular leak because the floor or seats aren't wet.