General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Concern/ Compressor valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Concern/ Compressor valve

I've got two seperate concerns, wondering if its not likely the same problem, any feedback appreciated, in particular i'm suspect of the "Variable displacement valve" taht you can buy seperate from the compressor. If anyone has replaced this part, what was your complaint/symptom, and did it fix it? THAT feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 00 WS6, 6 speed, aux fans functional, full charge, compressor functional, pressures are correct, no restrictions in front of evap or condsensor, FOT NOT restricted, no leaks, blows cold works fine, except when i go over 2000 rpms and hold (driving under load in gear) starts blowing warm.
Personally the only thing that makes sense to me is that valve or this is normal, has anyone experienced this? BTW I live in vegas and it only does this when its hot enough outside.

Same thing for case # 2 - vehicle in Phoenix AZ-

Charge is good, fixed orifice tube new, no restrictions that I know of, no leaks that i knows of, the compressor is functional because it DOES cool the air, but only slightly, not very cold at all, but the system is cooling down the air, so again, compressor or this variable displacement valve is the only thing in my mind that makes sense.

As you can tell i'm mainly interested if anyone's tried this valve and what its done for them, i'm pretty much convinced but would just like some confirmation before i spend the $175.
Thank you for your time.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have a 96 LT1 doing the same thing to me.