General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car starts bogging while driving and cuts off

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car starts bogging while driving and cuts off

just replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, inlettube from maf to tb, i have a tps code, after installing my big mouth tb. but i have been having issues with the car cutting off beforethe swap. I can be driving fine and then all of the sudden it will struggle and then start cutting off. if i try to give it gas, it will have almost no response and feel like its flooding or something. it starts right up every time. it has a perfect fuel mix according to the dyno sheet. so what am i left with? i had a mechanic tell me i had a leak in my heads, more than likely gaskets. but it doesn't pool or drip, oil level is fine. pressure at idle sits at about 25psi, while driving its at 45ish. I've spent a LOT of money trying to get this car right.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My guess....Crank Shaft Position sensor. And you won;'t get a code till it totally fails. Its one of the many idiot SES lights our cars have. Yup, the 1970's are still alive and kicking...lol

Its causes those symptoms. What was the code you said you found?

Go buy a new one and put it in. If it doesn't fix it, return it for a refund. Just tell them your car uses a different one because it was modded. They'll have no clue and they will refund your money.

If thats not it...you can start to narrow things down.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, i am getting really sure tat will be the issue. people have been telling me that was the issue since day one. I just replaced the tps since it was throwing codes and the problem is still there. now, my car struggles to start. It never has done that to me. So later this week i will get into that crankshaft sensor.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One more thing, i have just gotten the sensor and i will put it in soon. my car is now struggling to cut on. It wont run until it warms before it screws up now. It starts sputtering at idle as soon as i turn it over now. What is the likeliness that my 02's are the issue rather than the sensor? I am still going to replce the sensor, but the 02's will give me that issue as well right? I am nearing the end of my patience with these f-body's. maybe i need a suv or something