General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windshield wiper replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windshield wiper replacement

Last time I bought the cheap brand, Pylon, at Wal-Mart for $3.97 each. They worked all right. This time I decided, what the hell, I'll get the fancy Rain-X wipers for $8.97 a piece. Well, the damn things broke on me. I put them on, and they came loose. Firstly, the hinge in the middle doesn't move but maybe 30 degrees or so and that kind of threw me off when I went to put them on (the directions didn't fully make sense to me either). Secondly, the hinge is also only hooked on. I took the crap back to Wal-Mart and exchanged them for the cheap Pylon brand. Immediately I noticed their hinge is riveted in. It's not clipped on. They also rotate ninety degrees or so and the directions were much more lucid.

In conclusion, admittedly, maybe there was user error with the Rain-X wipers because they were a little different, but the Pylon brand seems to be better built and easier to install. However, the Pylon wipers seemed to be a little bit flimsier than the Rain-X ones. Thanks for reading this frivolous thread. lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OEM were Bosch - I always get Bosch Excel+ - no problems.