General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

really need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default really need some help...

i own a 2002 SS and for the past couple of months i have encountered two problems that have started to become a burden and i would like to know if any of you have had this type of problems in the past and how do i go in repairing them...

1) the abs and asr lights remain on, i have used a scanner to clear any type of trouble codes but after clearing the lights remain on.

2) is the parking brake self adjusting or does it require adjusting if it does how do i adjust it

thanks in advance...
Old 07-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For #1: Your ABS pump might be bad, or one or more of your wheels has a issue. i.e. Damaged connector for ABS. Also, using a code reader to clear codes will not clear the ABS/break lights. You might be able to with a more advanced diagnostic tool (depending on the make like a Tech2 or even an ETHOS). I would first check the connectors going to the pump in engine compartment (its on the right, and has a bunch of metal lines going to it). I would also check all the connectors at the wheels to see if any of them were pulled off, disconnected, corroded, etc..
Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srleadguitar
For #1: Your ABS pump might be bad, or one or more of your wheels has a issue. i.e. Damaged connector for ABS. Also, using a code reader to clear codes will not clear the ABS/break lights. You might be able to with a more advanced diagnostic tool (depending on the make like a Tech2 or even an ETHOS). I would first check the connectors going to the pump in engine compartment (its on the right, and has a bunch of metal lines going to it). I would also check all the connectors at the wheels to see if any of them were pulled off, disconnected, corroded, etc..
thanks for the information it was very helpful and i'll get on it...
quick question is there any way to test the abs pump to see if it's faulty?