General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

some time she starts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some time she starts

Hey guys i recently bought my camaro about 6 weeks ago and when i bought it from my buddy he said he pulled the horn fuse cuz the alarm would go off when he unlocked the door. so now when i unlock the door all my lights flash cuz the alarm is going off but now u cant hear it. just telling you guys that for sum backround on my baby.

So with that said every once in a while and its seems like it is when it rains. i will get in the car and turn the key to on and everything will light up and then ill turn the key to start the car and it will make an electrical clicking sound and all my lights and cluster will flash super fast while holding the key. and if i keep doing it on and off then hold it the starter will eventually work and start the car.

It rained the other day and the car did it and then it didnt do it the rest of the day and today it didnt rain at all and i drove the car all day starting the car about 4 times today and then i get in my car to leave my house and the doors wernt even locked and it does that electrical clinking sound for about 5 turns of the key then i turned it and held it while it did it and then the starter suddenly worked and the car started.

my buddy said the car did this when he had it also.....

Please help me guys.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

no one has had this problem?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

come on guys!!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

check the battery connections and the connections at the starter.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

so get this it was a dead battery...........i ended up checking every wire on this car and pulling the starter off and have it tested and i hooked the car up to a battery charger but i guess it wasnt strong enough cuz when i hooked the jumper cables up to another car it fired right up.........