General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

spinning nosise, cold start only, above 3krpm..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spinning nosise, cold start only, above 3krpm..

Its like the topic states. I have this spinning noise above 3k rpms.... This has recently started to happen at night and in the mornings when its the coldest or, just cooler then mid day.. I have a problem tracking this down due to the fact that it comes and goes as pleases.. but its comming from under neath and i can feel it in my shifter when this happens... When its warm out or midday with a cold start i can jump in take it on up passed 3 4 5k no prob no noise.. but when cold????? I love when noises come and go as they please.

If feels the preasuer plate is just spinning but i doubt it I just got a ls7cluthflywheel combo put in with new slave and tick performance masters put in by tick performance themselves... I havent a clue.. any ideas??? im lost..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lswon80
Its like the topic states. I have this spinning noise above 3k rpms.... This has recently started to happen at night and in the mornings when its the coldest or, just cooler then mid day.. I have a problem tracking this down due to the fact that it comes and goes as pleases.. but its comming from under neath and i can feel it in my shifter when this happens... When its warm out or midday with a cold start i can jump in take it on up passed 3 4 5k no prob no noise.. but when cold????? I love when noises come and go as they please.

If feels the preasuer plate is just spinning but i doubt it I just got a ls7cluthflywheel combo put in with new slave and tick performance masters put in by tick performance themselves... I havent a clue.. any ideas??? im lost..
Take it back to Tick......its obviously something they did if it just started after the install.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk, usually i let my car warm up before i take it past 3k, but I'm weird. Its not the engine, like piston slap?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

well i had the clutch and ect installed over a year ago..