General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ls1 f-body wont stay running

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls1 f-body wont stay running

So I got my car running again a few days ago after being down for a couple months. I swapped out the ls6 for 96/96 intake combo with billet rails and 42 lb injectors with a 85mm truck maf that I descreened and a maf translator. So I got it going again a few days ago like I said and it was running extremely rich so I adjusted the translator till it wasn't dumping raw fuel out the exhaust anymore and it was running pretty good. Then yessterday I go to start it again and it will run for a few seconds then it will chug and rpms will drop way down then die and it does all the time. But when I disconnect the translator and hook the maf striaght up it will run but very rich but I can feel it shudder and shake like it wants to die but I think there is so much fuel being dumped into the engine that it keeps going. I pulled one of the plugs and its black as all hell. Oh I should also mention that the car isn't tuned yet for the larger injectors or maf and dynoed 410 with the ls6 stock injectors and stock maf. Is it really running so rich that it will foul the plugs that fast? Is it running the way it is because of the plugs or could it be the fuel pump? Oh also the plugs are ngk tr-6's.