General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rear end squeak!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end squeak!!

I have a rear end squeak coming from my rear drivers side. I just did the koni/strano upgrade and heater hose mod. The squeak is only when i push down on the car or going over a bump or curb. Its very annoying. I dont know where it is coming from exactly so i cant be more specific. I was told it was more then likely a bushing or something rubbing. But i took the wheels off and looked at the springs and nothing looks to be rubbing. And with the heater hose mod that spring is wrapped up good with the rubber hose. The noise was there before the koni/strano upgrade. So if it is a bushing which one would it more lilkely be? I need to get rid of that noise. lol Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem I replaced my rear sway bar bushing/end links. I couldn’t tell you if it was the end links or bushings since I did both at the same time but I'm pretty sure it was the bushings (they looked dry rotted). I got some ploy ones from umi that have a zerk fitting to keep them well greased and keep them that noise from coming back. The end links I got at AutoZone for like 18 bucks. While you’re replacing the bushing I would just do the end links too. I had one break on me when I put my strano front sway bar on so I prepped myself for the rear just in case.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Ah okay thanks. Ill order me up some of those as soon as possible. Your in Colorado springs? I live in pueblo. You loving this warm weather were having or what? lol
Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Did you just order the 3-position Adjustable, 22mm (7/8 inch) Tubular or did you get the package front and rear.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

i have the same problem so its just the bushing in the rear sway bar? can i just add like wd-40 to the current bushing and will that help instead?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WD-40 will make it worse. Any good spray lubricant should work
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the late response. Been moving from the springs to IL, sure do miss the springs though. I just upgraded my front sway bar with a Strano one. My rear bar is the stock 19mm. I just saw on Umi's website replacement bushings for 25 bucks I had to call them and they had to look up the right one for the stock 19mm bar but they had it. I was going to upgrade the bar but only had funds for either the front or the rear and was told I'd notice more of a difference with the front (which I did) so I just fixed what was wrong with the rear. If you got the cash if you upgrade you will get all new hardware anyways. As far as the sparylubricant It's just a band aid like I said for 25 bucks it fixed my problem for a long time and only took 30min to replace in my driveway. I would just replce the bushings.

Quick Reply: Rear end squeak!!