General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Motor replacement with a twist! Help Fast!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Motor replacement with a twist! Help Fast!

I have done a replacement before however this time the motor is totally dead with the window rolled fully down. How do I raise that glass manually to replace that motor? I tried pulling gently but it looks like it doesnt want to move.

Please help fast!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Mine did this, I removed the motor from the door and then pulled the window up. I used some small pieces of wood to hold the window up till I got the new motor put in. I had to unbolt the rail on the motor rode on, It's where the big opening in the door is. just look in and you will see a small rail, unbolt it and move the motor back till it falls off the rail and then you will be able to pick the window up.

There's probaly a quicker way to do it, but I only changed one so far. I had to get the window up quick because it was raining. Hope that helps you.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the help man! I just went ahead and manuevered around the glass since it was fully rolled down it wasnt going to fall so it seemed pretty secure. So I used my small hands to get in there and swap it out real quick took about 10 mins ended up not even being a problem!

Thanks tho!

Quick Reply: Window Motor replacement with a twist! Help Fast!