General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

antifreeze question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O2Form
Thats not true, dexcool was made to be used with drinkable water. Thats its big claim to fame.
made to be used with clean water...water straight from a well is drinkable, but not to be used with dexcool. with the variation in water quality that is considered "drinkable", your an idiot for using tap water.

just because dexcool isint idiot proof, doesnt mean its junk...it means your an idiot because it doesnt work for you.

WATER QUALITY:
The integrity of the coolant is dependent upon the quality of DEX-COOL® and water. DEXCOOL
® is a product which has enhanced protection capability as well as an extended service
interval. These enhanced properties may be jeopardized by combining DEX-COOL® with poor
quality water. If you suspect the water in your area of being poor quality, it is recommended you
use distilled or de-ionized water with DEX-COOL®.

http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pd..._04D-J-054.pdf
Old 04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

the dumbest thing GM did with Dexcool was leave it up to the owner of the car to decide what water is acceptable to put in the radiator.

i have city water here in Lima, but even when i get a glass of water straight from the tap, i can see little black specs floating around in it. i dont know what it is and i dont care, because the only thing i use it for is showering and brushing my teeth. whatever that black **** is, is not going to go anywhere near my cooling system regardless of what coolant is in it. but hey its "drinkable" so its good right? no.

thats where GM ran into problems. im assuming thats why they came out with the TSB here is to cover their asses. if you suspect poor quality water, use distilled water. how bout i just use distilled water anyways and avoid any problems? ok, works for me and has for years and years and will for years to come.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its you're a idiot not your an idiot.................. born in 88 dexcool boob hehe.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

I guess when you were conceived they didn't have "clean drinking water", and your mom must have drank plenty of it.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
I guess when you were conceived they didn't have "clean drinking water", and your mom must have drank plenty of it.

with green or red coolant? LOL.

but that was harsh.

Quick Reply: antifreeze question