General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default wont start

hey guys i just finished installing long tube headers along with new motor mounts and new plugs, original wires. went to start car without exhaust to see what it sounds like and it wont start. turns over real fast but doesnt even try to start, i dont have a scanner or fuel pressure gauge. you guys have any ideas i can start trying until i can get some diagnostic tools?

thanks
-matt
Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Launching!

update, checked all fuses and i can hear fuel pump coming on when key is turned on. also the car was up on jackstands for about a month with the front end high in the air i dont know if the fuel could run back to tank. let me know what you guys think.

-matt
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first thing I would do is pull the fuel line off the rail and turn on the pump to make sure youre getting fuel. If so then check to see if youre getting spark. Make sure your ignition coils are plugged in and everything else. Sounds dumb but Ive seen similar things before.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Launching!

well when i push in the shrader valve on end of fuel rail i get a good shot of fuel from the fuel pump priming.

i pulled two of the wires off and tested them and got some really high ohms like around 300 on one and the other only had continuity when i bent it a certain way. i think the wires may be bad. dont understand how they are all bad though, i mean the car doesnt even try and start, i figure even if some were firing it would do something.

i never unplugged and except o2 sensor and maf and iat. and are plugged back in.
-matt
Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Launching!

*****update*****

found broken wire above the starter for the crank position sensor! woohoo!

thanks

matt