General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

po152 code - which o2 do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default po152 code - which o2 do i need?

My car started running rough the other day after driving in the rain- then went back to normal but had a code- Had it scanned and it said po152 (pic Below) But the lady told me that was a rear o2? I have longtubes & ory, so i didnt think i had rear o2's The car hasnt had any codes for months after my tune- I just need to know which o2 to replace, i dont trust what she told me at autozone- she seemed unsure. Also the ses light is gone now but the car still runs rough- is it normal to continue to run rough after the code is gone?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The code P0152 relates to bank 2, sensor 1, which is the passenger side pre-cat (front) sensor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DTC P0152.pdf (177.0 KB, 463 views)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darkman
The code P0152 relates to bank 2, sensor 1, which is the passenger side pre-cat (front) sensor.
That is EXACTLY why i didnt trust what she said- she told me it was the opposite, driver side- post cat, rear.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Which is it ? You said "it went back to normal" , then You said "it was still running rough" ? If You want sound advice , then We need accurate info .
Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like to me You have a mlss possibly caused by water still in plug boots or water in 1 of the Ho2 sensor plugs maybe ,,,,,,,,but just like Autozones print-out says there are alot of possibilities . My Moms Northstar recently stored the code that says problem in the cam sensor curcuit and it also is intermittent so I surmise that the wiring harness plug at sensor is starting to melt as the pic online shows it looks just like the LS1 crank sensor except that it has an extra metal shield on 1 side so it must be really close to exhaust manifold ,,,,,,point is You said "after driving in the rain" so if it was rain caused/related then it will prob be totally back to normal once the water evaps .

Last edited by chrisfrost; 09-07-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Buy some new front O2s. They are maintenance items anyway. They should be replaced just like a spark plug should.

Hey Longview.....I'm in the Shreveport area.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Yeah i went back to normal the next day after it rained and was running rough- then a few days later when i drove it again it was running rough like before. I havent drove it since but have cranked it a few times and its still not right. I have a new sensor on the way- I should have got 2, but i'll get another one later. I'll have it put on when it comes in the mail. I think/hope the sensor just went bad, it probably is the original sensor from 98. It happened after the rain but it was only a light rain, and if it was just water getting in/on something it would be dry by now.

I was just wondering if it was normal to have a bad o2 making it run rough without having a ses light on- as it went off a few days later.

Quick Reply: po152 code - which o2 do i need?