General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn Signal issue with 2000 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turn Signal issue with 2000 Camaro

When i was turning on to my driveway yesterday and turned left i noticed that the green turn signal light on the dash wasn't blinking. I checked the lights and the left front light wont turn on and the back one turns on but doesn't blink. when i turn the hazard lights on the back light blinks but the front one doesn't turn on. The right side works fine. Does anyone know why it's doing this?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaMaRo20o0
When i was turning on to my driveway yesterday and turned left i noticed that the green turn signal light on the dash wasn't blinking. I checked the lights and the left front light wont turn on and the back one turns on but doesn't blink. when i turn the hazard lights on the back light blinks but the front one doesn't turn on. The right side works fine. Does anyone know why it's doing this?
Your bulb is most likely burnt out for your turning signal. There's 2 in there. Pull it out and check them.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks the front turn signal bulb was burnt out, do you know why the back 1 dosent want to work normally?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by CaMaRo20o0
Thanks the front turn signal bulb was burnt out, do you know why the back 1 dosent want to work normally?
You have a thermal flasher in the car that requires a certain amount of current going through the system so it will heat up and "flash." When a bulb is burned out, not enough current goes through to make the flasher flash.

The technology is primitive but it has the advantage of letting you know right away when you have a bulb problem. If it flashed, you could drive for years and not know you had a bulb out.

By the same token, you may see people on the road who's flasher blinks really really fast. These people have a wrong bulb installed, which pulls too much current.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal issue with 2000 Camaro