General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LS1 Camaro stalling from stop > go

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS1 Camaro stalling from stop > go

Background:

This saga started with a H/O alternator install. The Alternator was in a much larger case and like a dumb a** I did not pay attention to the surrounding wires. I ended up crimping the Front Driver Side O2 sensor wires between the alternator. I did not figure this out until the car started throwing a P0102 MAF code... And by that time I was 100 miles down the road on a trip.

Symptoms:

The first symptom was the P0102 code - this had no noticeable affect on how the car ran that I saw. The only affect that I noticed was the code and a stuck reading on the OBD for the MAF.

I replaced the MAF while I was on my trip. The code went away for a while and then came back. When it came back - I got ALOT of codes. I did not write them all down but they were all MAF/O2.

When I got home, I got the car up on ramps and got the dang O2 wires uncrimped. They were somewhat damaged and the shielding was clearly broken on all but 1. I cut the ends and soldered new wires in place to reconnect the broken ends. I checked and double checked that the same color went to the same color. I also replaced the shorted O2 sensor. I also found that the 20A Sensor fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse.

Once all that was done - there were no codes. The next morning on the way to work - I noticed a weird sluggishness when taking off from a stop light. I was able to replicate the behavior but only when stopped for more than a minute or so. It will not do it if I am coasting and rolling + accelerate. Only from dead stop to go. So far it has not stalled but it has gotten damn close.

It almost seems like it isnt getting enough fuel or something... I am not sure at this point. Does anyone have any ideas?

My apologies for being long winded. Hopefully i gave enough info.

Thanks!