General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I think my PS just jizzed on my engine.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think my PS just jizzed on my engine.

Ok im getting home and notice my Voltage is in the yellow, so i park it in go instide and wait a bit and go out and check it. There was fluid all over the middle of the hood n near around where fuses are. I get a napkin and dip it into the liquid thats pooled on the bottom and its like a yellowy pink, i get the PS fluid from the dipstick and it matches perfect. So something is broken and i wanna know what haha
Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably the fitting on the bottom of the ps pump, that is where the pressure is at its highest i do believe. I did a !PS and didnt look back.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The bottom line going into the reservoir is low pressure coming from the cooler (if you have one) or coming straight from the rack, they leak all the time, and right onto the alternator. The metal line on the passengers side of the reservoir is the high pressure line.
But it could also be a crack in the reservoir somewhere.

Fix the leak of course.

But for the alternator, get a new can of WD-40 or SeaFoam "spray can" and drench the hell out of the alternator all over it and inside it. Let it sit for a few minutes and blast it clean with water. Better yet, do that two separate times.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok nvm it wasnt the PS it was the upper radiator hose, it had been gtting cut by the PS pully. Put a new one on and rigged the radiator from leaning too far back.