General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel Pump Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Pump Issue?

Hello all,
I have an issue I believe to be the fuel pump. I took a moderate left turn and then the ride started to stumble. Now wont even idle right, just barely runs, let alone move. Primed PSI is about 18 and running is 10. So I imagine its the pump correct? Couldn't possibly be the filter? Any other suggestions?

Also, if it is indeed the fuel pump; where can I get one? It seems everyone wants to sell me the whole damned assembly, which I dont need nor can afford.
TIA
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why cant it be the filter? the fuel pump primes, so you at least know it works to some extent. replace the filter, then check the pressure at the rail again. SDPC or rockauto should have pumps.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Changed filter, still low pressure. Looked on rock auto, still trying to sell me the whole setup... Looking for a place that sells just the pump. thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out new era performance or racetronix.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Can someone please tell me how to remove the the pump from the module? And why in the hell is my pump WAY further back in comparison to all the others? I cut in the same place as all the videos show. Yet I could barely see my pump. Had to cut even further back towards the rear of the car.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Need some help on a purchase please. According to the listing, the one pictured below will fit my car. But its missing the smaller inlet/outlet thats on the factory pump. Please explain to me what this is, and if I could still use the possible pump without issue.The red X indicates the hole missing.