General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How To Replace Ignition Relay switch 97 WS6 A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Replace Ignition Relay switch 97 WS6 A4

My security light has been on steady for months now. I've been told to do the bypass which i have the procedure for from here but I don't want to do it if this isn't the problem. I already replaced the key so its definitely not that.... Symptoms are the security light being on steady for a few months now and when I turn the key to start the car it either starts nothing happens silence ... NOW, here's the weird part... If WHILE the key is turned to the on position and its NOT starting and i SLAM the door it starts... When I told this last vital piece to several mechanics they've told me that my ignition realy switch must be the problem since it starts when i slam the dooor... does anyone know if i should do the bypass and this will solve the problem or replace the ignition relay switch or both and what is the procedure or how do i replace the ignition relay switch a detailed guide like the one provided here to bypass the VATS system would be sooo appreciated ..... yesterday i shatted my window from slamming the door I have that replaced and fixed already but obviously i'm in desperation mode now and sooo frustrated. its 97 WS6 A4