General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

spark plug concern*pic*

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug concern*pic*

ok so i been hearing a slight tapping on a cold start but it goes away when warm, i also noticed the engine shakes. a bit, like its having a misfire, then again im catless, know its not from bottom end.. sounds like it was coming from cylinder 6, checked the valve springs all good, but when i pulled the spark plugs today for a compression test i notice a patch of carbon on the spark plugs 4,6, all the other ones where clean! look at the picture
Attached Thumbnails spark plug concern*pic*-spark-plug.jpeg  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alex2210
ok so i been hearing a slight tapping on a cold start but it goes away when warm, i also noticed the engine shakes. a bit, like its having a misfire, then again im catless, know its not from bottom end.. sounds like it was coming from cylinder 6, checked the valve springs all good, but when i pulled the spark plugs today for a compression test i notice a patch of carbon on the spark plugs 4,6, all the other ones where clean! look at the picture
Attached Thumbnails spark plug concern*pic*-spark-plug.jpeg  
Old 01-25-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you sure all your spark plug wires were on tight? Make sure inside the boot isn't all corroded.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

tightened them all and brand new wires had compression around 180 on all on 93 oct
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

When I changed mine the first time they had this on them and i figured it was some sort of oil leak so I did a compression test and, like yours had good results. When I did headers the plugs I pulled had ~15k miles on them and a couple had this as well.

Long story short, Interested in what the cause is. I think I have those plugs as well. I'll dig some up and take a picture.