General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window motor... HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I've done this, and would/will do it again. It's very simple on these cars. And once those access holes are drilled and there are no motor rivits to remove, future replacements are even easier.

I really don't see how it could be easier to remove the whole regulator, at least in the case of these cars.
what this ^ guy said. I put a piece of 2x4 to hold the regulator and window in place (shbox method) and drilled the holes, bolted it up with loctite and BAM! works like a charm. easy breezy, and that was the first time i replaced it.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to jack this thread but my window is stuck half way down (or half way up) and it will not move at all, I pulled everything off and after a bit of research and poking around on the door this is what I found.... Looks to me as if the motor has been replaced before...

So I need to replace it now, how in the hell do I get the window to move up? I've tried holding the button to roll the window up and pulling it up but it only moves about an inch then when I let go it drops back down
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Looks like you have access to at least three of the screws. If you undo those, you should be able to rotate the motor gear away to the point where you can pull up the glass and get to the other screw.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

remove those 3 screws remove the window motor , then pull the window up manually... hold the window in place with a clamp and wood block...if the widow still wont come up after removing the motor, then regulator or something else is messed up....goodluck to you.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Right on I guess I lucked out... Thanks yall