Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > General Maintenance & Repairs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Maintenance & Repairs
Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Sponsored by
Gearstar Performance Transmissions

A/C control panel.......hot/cold knob is stripped and just spins.....

Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 2
Default A/C control panel.......hot/cold **** is stripped and just spins.....

2002 Vette.

The hot/cold **** for the drivers side is stripped. Its stuck in a rather warm spot.

I took the **** off and the metal stem also just spins. Is there any way to take the metal nut off and somehow manually set it to full cold???

The passengers side vents blow real cold. Without changing the whole panel I just want to try to set it to cold on the drivers side for now.

1998 WS6 T/A, AES 390ci fully forged iron block, LS6 intake, LS1 heads, 239/235 .600/.600 114 lsa, 1 7/8" Grot LT's, 3" w/Magnaflow, 4L60E, Strange 12 bolt, Baer brakes, Hotchkis STB, UMI PH Bar, LCA's w/relocation brackets, SFC's, LG G2 Super Springs. Hals FR, Bilsteins RR, 275/315.

427ci stroker died at 173,000 miles...what a great engine that was, built by the late, great - Dave DiLuca...RIP...
-Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well DANCE.
LS6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7

I'm not sure how Vettes are set up, but on F-bodies the mixture door is controlled by a cable. If yours is the same way, pop the cable off the back of the HVAC controls, then stick a screwdriver in the slot and spin it to close the mixture door. If it's electric, there is a motor on the mixture door shaft. You can pop the motor off and spin the shaft by hand.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan7 View Post
I'm not sure how Vettes are set up, but on F-bodies the mixture door is controlled by a cable. If yours is the same way, pop the cable off the back of the HVAC controls, then stick a screwdriver in the slot and spin it to close the mixture door. If it's electric, there is a motor on the mixture door shaft. You can pop the motor off and spin the shaft by hand.
Cool, I'm thinking its a motor on the Vette's than.....because they spin so easy with no resistance like our F-Bodys.

I'll try to remove the panel and check behind it.......

Thanks.

1998 WS6 T/A, AES 390ci fully forged iron block, LS6 intake, LS1 heads, 239/235 .600/.600 114 lsa, 1 7/8" Grot LT's, 3" w/Magnaflow, 4L60E, Strange 12 bolt, Baer brakes, Hotchkis STB, UMI PH Bar, LCA's w/relocation brackets, SFC's, LG G2 Super Springs. Hals FR, Bilsteins RR, 275/315.

427ci stroker died at 173,000 miles...what a great engine that was, built by the late, great - Dave DiLuca...RIP...
-Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well DANCE.
LS6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement