General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 SES code.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 SES code.

Ok so recently I went through and changed my clutch and whole rear end assembly and when we got the car back together it threw a code for bank 1 sensor 1. I replaced the sensor with a brand new Bosch sensor and it's still showing a code. Hooked it up to HP tuners and sure enough it's stuck in the 400 range for a reading while my other o2 sensor works just fine. I traced the wires through to the K-member and they all look fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if this helps because its a performance code, not a heater circuit code - but I've seen funky things happen when you use Bosch 02 sensors when it came with a Delco. Personally I'd install a Delco and see what happens. Otherwise its gotta be a connection or wiring issue. Especially since you just had a buncha work done....
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was a performance code, I figured the stock one got knocked around and broken since the exhaust got taken off a few times during the installs but even the new one is giving the same problems. I checked the connection to the harness from the o2, then traced the wire into the motor mount and into the center of the K member but nothing looked out of place. Guess I'll be back under it again to look around some more

Quick Reply: Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 SES code.