General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SLP lid install....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP lid install....

Hey guys - I just finished installing my SLP air lid and when I fired up the car it had a hard time idling at first. The RPMs would drop real low then pick back up and drop down again. I let the car run for a bit and it seemed to sort itself out. After a bit I shut it off and started back up and it seems to be fine. Took it for a drive and it feels normal.

I never saw a check engine light or anything so I don't think the car threw any codes. Do you think the computer was adjusting itself after me disconnecting the battery?

Thanks guys!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Yes that is what happened
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

yep. when you disconnect the battery, its basically like resetting a computer. its just relearning all the sensors.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

ypur good to go , was that your first mod? and any more planned
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
ypur good to go , was that your first mod? and any more planned
Thanks for the feedback guys!!!

That was pretty much the first mod. I threw a Lou's SS on it right away in August when I picked the car up. I have a strut tower brace coming in Monday and I'm looking at doing some LT headers. The car came w/ a magnaflow exhaust although I'm not positive if its a cat-back or just the muffler. I wouldn't mind putting some springs on as well but I'm a little worried about ground clearance....
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Factor
Thanks for the feedback guys!!!

That was pretty much the first mod. I threw a Lou's SS on it right away in August when I picked the car up. I have a strut tower brace coming in Monday and I'm looking at doing some LT headers. The car came w/ a magnaflow exhaust although I'm not positive if its a cat-back or just the muffler. I wouldn't mind putting some springs on as well but I'm a little worried about ground clearance....
congrats on the beginning mod. springs/shocks are a great look. I have to avoid most speed bumps or take them extremely slow to avoid bottoming out. Still worth it imo. I hate that 4x4 look.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beyonddisturbed
congrats on the beginning mod. springs/shocks are a great look. I have to avoid most speed bumps or take them extremely slow to avoid bottoming out. Still worth it imo. I hate that 4x4 look.
Yeah, I had LTs on my '94 Z28 and stock springs. I hated that ride height like you said but the clearance was nice to have. The sacrifices we make right? Lol

I think I def wanna get that lower ride height. Are the handling improvements noticeable?

Quick Reply: SLP lid install....