General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C work but questions re orings/seals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Question A/C work but questions re orings/seals?

I have to swap out my compressor due to a failed rear seal, go figure... so when I bought a replacement, they sent me all the o-rings and seals.
Question IS: is their a manual or pic showing all the specific o-ring/seal locations for an f-body and does it list torque values for the bolts?

PLMK, thx
Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the only place you will find what you ask is google images, there is not a specific diagram not even in my gm service manual. but you don't really need one, everything will be in the engine bay and is easily traceable by hand just follow the lines by hand around the system. off the top of my head going around the system from the compressor seals will be at the compressor output, condenser input, condenser output, break in line where the orifice tube is, evaporator input and output at firewall, accumulator, compressor input. if you are mechanically inclined and know how to tighten bolts you don't need a torque value to tighten to nothing is critical requiring a torque wrench.
be aware that you lube the o-rings with 525 mineral oil for ac systems or something similar, not the PAG oil that's used in the system. if there's anything with a metal sealing washer, you don't lubricate those, only lube o-rings which can tear.

Quick Reply: A/C work but questions re orings/seals?