General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Starting problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problems...

Well I changed my ignition switch and my starter so we took my car to dinsdales to wipe the computer due to it not starting and it still didn't work. They said its the whole key cylinder. When I put the key in the ignition and try to turn it over the security light keeps flashing and no turn over what's so ever. It's on a 98 auto Trans Am can anyone give me some help on what to do?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

ignition switch or relay? when i first gor my formula(98) had same problem..some days i whent out and it would crank and crank and not start..waiit couple mins and start and then not etc
towed it to dealer they said it was my lock cylinder(just like you) so got new lock cylinder,keys etc..
couple days later same thing happens so i tow it to dealer and they say it started right up,so i cab it there and try to start it and it wouldnt start,,got most $ refunded
get on here and learn bout ignition RELAY goes bad easily on this car..so i buy a $10(if that) ignition relay..well problem solved

five years go by and it does it again..long story short starter relay..any way start with the ignition relay first before you do lock cylinder
Old 06-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Teching In

It's the one on the steering wheel column up top. And alright but it won't crank what's so ever since this happened and all wires are good

Quick Reply: Starting problems...