General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

BLINKING SES LIGHT AFTER RACE HELP !!! boosted

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry BLINKING SES LIGHT AFTER RACE HELP !!! boosted

i have a 02 camaro Ls1 procharged. went out on a cruise day and tightened my belt pretty tight and was probably at high psi, and ran into a c6 zo6 on the freeway and after we did a freeway pull i also raced a 5.0. After that i had a blinking SES light and smoke coming out of exhaust during last run and loss of power. I know a blinking SES light means a misfire but when i went to autozone to get the codes pulled no misfire code came up, im sure its a misfire but what could of caused it? ive had a 02 sensor code but that because one of them is disconnected but ive had it like that since ive had the car. the car drives fine probably wouldnt even notice anything wrong just smoke when you really get on the gas and a tiny shake at idle. really need this fixed asap any ideas !???
Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how many psi of boost are you running ?what size injectors do you have ?have you had the car tuned ?hook up all your O2 sensors ,the ECM need them working to give the engine the correct amount of fuel .you should do a leak down test .and check all your plugs .and make sure plug wires are on tight.pull you oil filler cap,and put your hand over it ..do you fill pressure ,then you mite have blow by.is your PCV system working properly ?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by garygnu
how many psi of boost are you running ?what size injectors do you have ?have you had the car tuned ?hook up all your O2 sensors ,the ECM need them working to give the engine the correct amount of fuel .you should do a leak down test .and check all your plugs .and make sure plug wires are on tight.pull you oil filler cap,and put your hand over it ..do you fill pressure ,then you mite have blow by.is your PCV system working properly ?
it was probably around 10 psi with 42 lb injectors. its been always running around 5 psi tho, im at high elevation so it all depends on how tight my belt is. i havent had it tuned myself but when bought 3 years ago it was dyno tuned at 8 psi but im sure its running different because this car was at sea level and is now at 3400ft elevation. im sure PCV system is working fine car has 45k miles on it. checked all wires and plugs they seem fine (hoping its spark plugs) im gonna get extensions for the 02 and connect it but im sure that cant fix it because ive been driving it for three years and havent had this problem
Old 08-20-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those injectors seem a bit small...
Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah ...my next upgrade is some injectors but need to get it running good first

Quick Reply: BLINKING SES LIGHT AFTER RACE HELP !!! boosted