General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS

More and more problems with this car. This car is causing to despise camaros.

My new problem as of today is that my car is leaking oil like a champ. Now, this story starts about a month ago when my buddy accidently knocked off my (oil pressure sensor??? Idk what the **** its called, but its the plug thingy above the oil filter).

Because this thingy is knocked off, my oil pressure gauge reads as if it has Ben shut off, pegged below zero. It didn't hurt the performace of the car, so I assumed it wasn't critical.

Where the sensor thing above the oil filter is, where it plugs in the oil pan, there, I'm assuming, is the other bit of the thingy, blue in color.

I'm guessing this blew out or something, and that is why my car is leaking oil. I tried to look at it, and couldn't get my head under the car all the way. I didn't have time to look at it because I had to be somewhere.

Tonight I'm going to take a good look at it, and I will post pics.

There is oil all over the bottom of my car, and from what I can tell, the source of the leak is the hole where that sensor this is. Anyone know what exactly this part is called? It's a 93 LT1, so it's not the sending unit on the front of the motor, it's the plug thing above the oil filter.

Last edited by ThatOneKid; 10-19-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Here's the pics.

Pic 1: Its on its side, but you can see where the oil is leaking from. Its that port just above the oil filter adapter.

Pic 2: The thing my friend knocked off while changing sparkplugs. This plugs into the little port thats leaking oil.

Pic 3: A close up of the port.

Oil does not leak while car is off. Pics taken while car running. I HAVE tried to plug it back in, but I cant get it to slip on right. I'm thinking about dropping it off at my friends shop, but I can't really afford to do it. Unless someone wants to buy a dirtbike from me.
Attached Thumbnails Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS-image-2-.jpg   Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS-image-4-.jpeg   Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS-image-5-.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Its official: I'm retarded.

My buddy (has owned several f bodies) came over and did it in about an hour.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what was the final solution?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

The small metal prong that helps wedge the sensor in the fitting was all bent up and mangled. I had no idea what it was used for, just needed to be flattened out and untwisted.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Launching!

i was just gonna say I had the exact same problem and it was the sensor..

Quick Reply: Leaking oil like cray '93 z28 PICS