General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP- 2002 camaro alarm problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP- 2002 camaro alarm problems?

hey guys I got a 2002 Camaro z28. when I bought the car the alarm was doing something weird where it would go off when u put the key in the ignition. the car would crank up but the alarm would be going off until it cycled through. then when u shut the car off and get out it will start going off again. it will also do it sometimes when u shut the door hard. I don't have a key fob with the car. I disabled vats in hptuners still nothing, and it says no problems reported with vats. I unhooked the shock sensor in rear and tried adjusting it still nothing. i also tried the put key in ignition and pulling fuse thing out, but i don't think im getting the correct tone, but it also didn't work. i also notices the car only locks the doors not unlock though. i want to no if there is someone who may have experienced the problem and knows how to fix it or how to completely remve the alarm system. and I mean gone completely. any help would be greatly appreciated. this seems to be a very annoyingly know problem on these cars hoping yall have seen it.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem in my firebird

Originally Posted by slvrbltgt
hey guys I got a 2002 Camaro z28. when I bought the car the alarm was Adoing something weird where it would go off when u put the key in the ignition. the car would crank up but the alarm would be going off until it cycled through. then when u shut the car off and get out it will start going off again. it will also do it sometimes when u shut the door hard. I don't have a key fob withsa the car. I disabled vats in hptuners still nothing, and it says no problems reported with vats. I unhooked the shock sensor in rear and tried adjusting it still nothing. i also tried the put key in ignition and pulling fuse thing out, but i don't think im getting the correct tone, but it also didn't work. i also notices the car only locks the doors not unlock though. i want to no if there is someone who may have experienced the problem and knows how to fix it or how to completely remve the alarm system. and I mean gone completely. any help would be greatly appreciated. this seems to be a very annoyingly know problem on these cars hoping yall have seen it.

After 2 trips to dealer found positive cable from battery was worn on the copper connector to the battery I just ran some sandpaper on it an I work fine so long hope it helps
Old 09-22-2014, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If not battery related, it seems that a lot of body control modules are developing similar problems on F-bodies. Search for "body control module" and you'll get some things to check.

Last edited by Mercier; 09-23-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP- 2002 camaro alarm problems?