General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight wiring issue???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlight wiring issue???

well long story short, I was involved in a hit and run around thanksgiving. Car was parked in front of my brothers house a lady down the street was going too fast hit some water and slid into my car and moved it roughly 8 feet back. Got it fixed and about a week later 3 of my lights went out and it was stuck on brights and my switch wouldnt work. With my brights on only the light on the outside passenger was lit. I took it to the body shop tried swapping lights to see if we could get one to work on the driver side, with all the lights unplugged my switch to change from hi to low beam started working and currently works as of right now. however once we switched around the lights(even bought new bulbs) the 1 light that was currently working does not work. We tested power at the light and it is reading 12+ v and is steady. When i plug in the light power goes to 0, and nothing happens all fuses are good reading the same at the fuse when the lights are switched on. Tested the grounds from the battery and they all read the same. They are telling me it is my dimmer switch since i was having the issue with it being stuck. I will replace it but i dont feel that this is my issue since it works. If i am reading 12+V at the light it should light the light correct? After 3 hours we called it quits and we hooked them all back up and when i turned the lights on to leave all my light on the driver side now work but now the light that was working when i took it in does not.
So my question is does anyone have a stick of dynamite i can use?

If any one has any suggestions i am all ears and it is greatly appreciated.
and i appologize for the long read

Last edited by neverlift17; 04-22-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

is there two power wires coming from my dimmer switch to the left and right headlights or is it a single wire
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Would there be a problem using these on the two driver side lights and running a wire to the lights on the passenger side? ive omed and tested the wires as far back as i can reach and they all read the same and stay steady and when i plug the light in it doesnt work but when i jumper one it works fine i just dont want to overload it.

Quick Reply: Headlight wiring issue???