Old 03-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumped don't know where you start* video inside *

I was driving home and saw all this happen at once

Edit :
I misspoke in the video light says service vehicle NOT service engine

http://vid706.photobucket.com/albums...psf503de53.mp4

Last edited by Camaraderie; 03-29-2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Service vehicle light on NOT service engine
Old 03-29-2015, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Low voltage can cause all those symptoms. Check the belt, may have come off or is soaked with coolant. If that looks good, the alternator could have failed or the wire from it to the battery could have broke. It wont run much longer once those lights start turning on and a jump start wont help but for a moment.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Is there any way to check the alternator ?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaraderie
I was driving home and saw all this happen at once

Edit :
I misspoke in the video light says service vehicle NOT service engine

http://vid706.photobucket.com/albums...psf503de53.mp4
Your alternator is dieing, confirmed by the voltage gauge (anything below 12.5 Volts means the alternator isnt feeding the system, and yours is WELL below 12.5 Volts). It's dieing in such a way that its still feeding "something" but not enough to keep the system charged, which is why your battery didnt immediately quit and leave you stranded. When voltage gets too low the BCM goes crazy and lights your dash like a christmas tree, it's normal. My car did the exact same thing about a month ago before it finally gave up. You need to replace it asap and dont drive it till you replace it or you will risk damaging the electronics and battery.

I actually just recovered from this exact problem. My reman alternator about 4 months old just out of nowere died, it started slow, my voltage gauge stayed right at 12...and slowly little by little dipped under till it was in the red and my dashboard lit up like a christmas tree, it still ran... it took some time before finally I lost all my lights, all my gauges, and finally the car itself died.

Also you need to check for a power steering leak while you're in there. If your pump or power steering lines are leaking then your replacing the alternator will be invane it will just fail again. I had to do this as well.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

It was the alternator .

Quick Reply: Stumped don't know where you start* video inside *