General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cracked radiator replacement suggestion !

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked radiator replacement suggestion !

I will be replacing my radiator and I am doing homework before I buy a radiator. I found on rockauto.com an OEM replacement for $97 that is a larger size than the OEM LS1 radiator appears to be the same size as a LT1 radiator and should work for my manual transmission car. Anyone have an experience with the brand apdi 8011486 ( part number ).Any other suggestions? I will not be buying the $500+ Becool radiator.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No experience with that specific one, but for me, I just found what I wanted on Amazon and at Autozone. It was the same part and I ordered from Amazon. Anyway, it was just the standard oem style replacement. I really had no need of a bigger model nor did I want to deal with blocking off the extra hole in the radiator for the LT1 models. A Spectra CU2365. There was no difference in cooling before or after the replacement, as there shouldn't have been. It went in without a hitch although I did remove the fan shroud for a lot of added room to work with.

I live in south Florida and even here, I've never felt any need for an upgraded radiator. Whatever you choose, it should be a relatively easy swap. You should also replace your hoses at the same time.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your response I ended up buying the $80 radiator on rockauto.com part number GM3010177. Decided it was best just to stick with the OEM it work good for 15 years 164,000 miles it must be doing its job well. Also bought a new AcDelco radiator cap for $7. Maybe this thread will help others one day.

Quick Reply: Cracked radiator replacement suggestion !