General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Dash installation labor cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dash installation labor cost?

So my dash and the upper dash piece due to the intense heat and age has turned into peanut brittle. I have no desire what soever to put one in provided I can find a suitable replacement. So my question is, what kind of shop can I go to for something like this and what am I looking at as far as labor? I hope I'm not limited to a dealer.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The upper/front section of the dash is easy, it just pops out and in. The other section from what I have read and looked at, not so easy.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They both are easy.... You're just taking out screws... Not a big deal.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper
So my dash and the upper dash piece due to the intense heat and age has turned into peanut brittle. I have no desire what soever to put one in provided I can find a suitable replacement. So my question is, what kind of shop can I go to for something like this and what am I looking at as far as labor? I hope I'm not limited to a dealer.
Upper dash can be done in about 15 - 20 mins with absolutely no experience. I saw how it came out when installing my headunit - Ian @ Kee Audio showed me.

Remove the two A-Pillars (the plastic panels against the frame of the Windshield on the driver side and passenger side of the car, they're held in by two bolts a piece and this is also the piece the T-Tops lock into.)

Use something flat and sturdy to wedge between the upper dash and lower dash crease and it literally will just pop right out, you have to pop it out in sections or it will crack but its very very very easy to remove. Its basically just velcro'd down. Only mild thing you need to be careful about it removing that alarm indicator from the center of the dash.

Install new dash in reverse.

Quick Reply: Dash installation labor cost?