General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Creeks and Squeeks

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creeks and Squeeks

I don't know if I am just more sensitive to noises in my old age or if something is wrong, but ever since having some work done last year, I have been noticing all kinds of creeking noises on my 2000 WS6. Last summer I had a 12 bolt rear installed with new shocks and sub frame connectors. Now whenever I accelerate, brake, turn, or hit a bump I hear creeking noises or a cracking noise like a shock noise. I checked and the shocks are not loose at all. In fact they are very solid. Is it just the subframe connectors transferring forces around and causing flexing in other places? Are there some bushings that are wearing? I know these fbodies are rattletraps, but the noises are bugging the hell out of me.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You really got to try to figure out what area of the car the noise is coming from. I know that I have personally dealt with sway bar bushings doing this to me before. I verified the issue by spraying lubricant on the bushings and the noise would temporarily go away.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Teching In

It definitely seems to be coming from the rear. It was initially the driver's side, but I am now hearing the passenger side creaking too.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kujo806
It definitely seems to be coming from the rear. It was initially the driver's side, but I am now hearing the passenger side creaking too.
I would spray lubricant on one bushing at a time till you figured out exactly what the noise is. To me it sounds like a bushing deal or something that may be loose.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Im not really sure if this could be it but figured I'd chime in.......My rear Lower Control Arms did this when the stock ones were done with. I swapped them out for a set of lakewood LCA's and the noise went away. (and so did wheel hop lol)

Quick Reply: Creeks and Squeeks