General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ABS Module Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ABS Module Repair

Hey guys, been knocking out some repairs on my 2000 M6 SS for the past few months and wanted to share a good experience I had. Since the day i've purchased my car it had the intermittent ABS INOP/ASR OFF lights coming on. Of course I was thinking wheel speed sensors until finally they stayed on along with Brake and Service Vehicle Soon lights. Before tackling the wheel speed sensors I went ahead and tried to have it scanned and found that the module had no communication at the OBD2 plug. After doing some homework on LS1tech (thanks for being a wealth of knowledge) I started thinking it was time to repair/replace the module.

Replacements even at Rock Auto were $400+ bucks and I didnt feel like taking a gamble on a used one. I sent mine off to http://www.myairbags.com/ (hope link is ok?) via they're EBAY page and decided $45 would be worth the try. These guys are good, emailed me all the details on shipping and what would happen, they emailed when it arrived and emailed when it left they're office (within the 24hr time frame stated). It was sent back with two day shipping which was great. I popped in the repaired module and immediately the Brake and Service Vehicle Soon light went away so that's a good start. I scanned for codes and just had a Clutch Switch code due to Tick Master so I cleared out the codes and drove for an hour. After starting the car a few times now the ASR OFF and ABS INOP lights are gone and have stayed off for the past couple days so far. Really hoping the wheel speed sensors wont trigger those again. All in all i'm a happy camper and they're repair fixed more than I though, I highly suggest giving them a shot if your car can be down for a few days.

Name:  2015-11-04%2018.21.54_zps1tolg5qj.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  89.3 KB
No more codes after two years of fighting with it.

Last edited by ATXSS; 11-05-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet, thanks for the info! I've been getting this on my Yukon for a year now...
Old 11-06-2015, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by big_g
Sweet, thanks for the info! I've been getting this on my Yukon for a year now...
Do a Google search and fix yours for free.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish it was still $45 lol this would be my best option
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

No joke, heard it's around 100$ now. Still worth it IMO compared to the cost of a new unit.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be able to use a paper clip to jump the connector for the clutch depression switch to get rid of the light.

My memory escapes me, but on my 98 the clutch depression switch is wired in line with the brake pedal switch. I can't remember if there are two switches, one for the cruise control and one for the starter depression switch

Quick Reply: ABS Module Repair