General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

O2 sensor rich - cause?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sensor rich - cause?

Just finished my first clutch install and while that seems to have worked out well, my SES light came on pretty quick after I took it for the first drive.

I swung by AZ to get the code read and it was for the bank one O2 sensor - said it was rich. So, I don't know if this had anything to do with the install - that I had the sensors unplugged or that the car was ran very briefly a number of times after the install to move it in and out of the garage.

What do you think? Is there a way to reset it so I can see if it comes on again now that it is being driven for normal distances?

It has no cats on it. It has an O2 sensor on either header.

Thanks, guys!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If its causing that bank to run rich, its toast. There is no reset. They are just very moody. You can take one out, re-install it, and it could be bad. If you drop one on the floor, it can break it.

Get a new one.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by germ79
that I had the sensors unplugged or that the car was ran very briefly a number of times after the install to move it in and out of the garage.
Did you have the sensors unplugged when you had the car on to move it in/out of the garage? If so, taking the car through the PCM relearn procedure may help. Particularly if you also disconnected the battery.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor rich - cause?