General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Everything was going great...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everything was going great...

Had my car back from the builder for one week, everything was awesome. Did some scans after giving the car time to get to know is self. Went to the car wash and on the way home began to notice it was starting to miss a little. It eventually got to where it sputtered, missed under light accelerator and load. More throttle cleaned it up a bit, full throttle it was gone. Idle sucks with a miss and smell.

A search mentions a bad coil. Seems to fit the symptoms.
This is a 6.0 G8GT with all new from the block up. GMPP cnc heads with back cut valves, BTR premium springs into Kooks long tubes, complete Solo exhaust with high flow cats. Futral ported throttle body and intake. Sorry, the cam is 219/223 615/615 +112 Little Lunati. I try to keep it easy to read.

I am a bit nervous to say the least. Anyone else have experience with something similar?
Old 03-07-2016, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What air intake are you using?

If you have a scanner, check for misfires. Bet you find the bad cylinder real quick.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like an 02 sensor wire got wet from a breach in the wire, or maybe the sensor is bad.

What you describe....it misses at low end byut cleans up as you increase throttle sounds exactly like that.

Search for codes, get it scanned to check the 02 sensors.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is solved. Thanks for your suggestions. It ended up being the plug wire boot was not completely on the plug. Thanks to Patrick G for looking at the scan and pointing me toward the area to check.

My intake is VCM btw.

Thanks again, I was getting ready to panic.

Old Cop

Quick Reply: Everything was going great...